The La Jolla Symphony and Chorus is searching for a Principal Clarinet. Applications for this position will be accepted immediately, and the job will stay open until filled. The all volunteer La Jolla Symphony and Chorus is the area’s oldest and most distinguished community orchestra and generally performs six concert sets at Mandeville Auditorium on the campus of the University of California, San Diego. LJS&C’s dedication to varied and adventurous programming means that the successful candidate will be an experienced and versatile musician with broad experience in traditional orchestral music and the capacity to deal with new and unusual works.
The La Jolla Symphony and Chorus aligns itself with the highest ideals of excellence and diversity.
We are searching for a clarinetist who is:
- Excellent Musician and Leader
- Willing to attend all rehearsals or provide competent substitute to cover parts
- Willing to work with Ted Bietz, Orchestra Manager, Steven Schick, Music Director, and guest conductors of the orchestra.
- Willing to assist in seating the clarinet section for 6 concert series during the season.
Audition Process may include:
- Audition by playing clarinet audition material which can be downloaded on our website: www.lajollasymphony.com
- Participate as a musician in the clarinet section for one of our concert series.
- Interview with Steven Schick, Music Director plus selected orchestra section leaders.
If interested, please send cover letter and CV to orchestra manager Ted Bietz at firstname.lastname@example.org.