Our Casablanca-themed Gala kicks off the 2018-2019 season in style at The Westgate Hotel on October 6th. Sound like fun? You can be a part of it! We’re looking for donations of Silent Auction items to make the Gala our most successful yet.
Items of interest: Based on experience, the following types of auction items appeal to our Gala audience:
- Restaurant gift certificates
- Rare wines and/or special bottlings
- Vacation getaways – do you have a timeshare week to donate?
- Hotel stays
- Sporting event tickets – especially VIP boxes that bidders would not otherwise be able to access
- Entertainment of all kinds– from ComicCon to the opera
- Spa packages and other personal services
- Behind-the-scenes tours
- Once-in-a-lifetime experiences: walk-on movie part, celebrity chef dinner – let’s get creative!
Have an idea for an auction item but want to check on our needs first? Contact Melanie Intrieri at email@example.com. Thank you!
The annual Gala is our major fundraising event of the season and helps support the artistic and educational mission of the La Jolla Symphony & Chorus (LJS&C). LJS&C is an independent, 501(c)3 non-profit comprised of 230 volunteer musicians from all walks of life: doctors, lawyers, teachers, students and professional musicians – a diverse and talented group with a passion for making music together. LJS&C performs a 6-concert subscription series, sponsors an annual commissioning fund in support of student composers and an annual Young Artists Competition, provides learning and work opportunities for UC San Diego students, and brings music education to San Diego schools.
Founded in 1954, the La Jolla Symphony & Chorus enriches our lives through affordable concerts of ground-breaking, traditional and contemporary classical music. LJS&C has been affiliated with UC San Diego since 1967.